Lenovo X61 Tablet on Ubuntu 11.04 (64bit)
Ubuntu 11.04 installs and runs for the most part with very few issues on the 7764CTO model ( 12.1 in 1400x1040 SXVGA+ )
Screen rotation doesn't work out of the box but is easy to fix.
Download two scripts to your /usr/local/bin directory.
- Make these scripts writable with 'chmod +x filename'
- Then install 'ccsm' ( Compiz Config Settings Manager ), and start ccsm.
- In the General Section, open "Commands"
- Enter as Command0 the following:
/usr/local/bin/wacom-rot90 ( or rot180 as preferred )
- On the "KeyBindings Tab", on RunCommand 0, click the "Disabled" button.
Then click the desired key to rotate the screen such as Blue Thinkvantage"
Note: the normal rotate button doesn't work, but the Blue ThinkVantage button does.
Display Freeze after Screen Lock
- Open 'ccsm', General Tab, Open GL
- Uncheck 'Sync to vBlank'
Endian UTM OpenVPN Client
Endian does not yet have a 64 bit client but the Network Manager OpenVPN plug-in now works.
- Install 'network-manager-openvpn' and 'network-manager-openvpn-gnome'
- Configure using the NM applet.
- A reference exported configuration follows:
client remote 'OpenVPNhostname' ca /etc/openvpn/ca.pem 'CA cert file from Endian' auth-user-pass comp-lzo yes dev tap proto udp nobind auth-nocache script-security 2 persist-key persist-tun user openvpn group openvpn