Alfresco 3.4a community on CentOS 5.5
see Also: Alfresco 3.4a on Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit
Normally I use Ubuntu server, but to minimize hassles with the new Alfresco 3.4a release ( which uses the new installer.bin format ) I've used CentOS 5.5 instead.
I'm installing to Vsphere 4.0 on ESX 4.0, BTW.
Please send any errors/comments to lmarzke [at] 4aero [.] com
- Install Centos 5.5 from the 1st DVD, installing the "server" option and no other options.
- Install all updates
- Remove conflicting FTP server, and Install dependancies
yum erase vsftpd yum install ImageMagick
- For some reason the Alfresco included swftools package doesn't run because of a library dependency on libc++.so.5. I just compiled a fresh version
wget http://www.swftools.org/swftools-0.9.1.tar.gz tar -xzvf swftools... yum install gcc gcc-c++ automake zlib-devel libjpeg-devel giflib-devel freetype-devel cd swftools ./configure make make install
- Update Alfresco to use the new swftools
vi /opt/alfresco/tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco-global.properties change lines as follows: - swf.exe=/opt/alfresco-3.4.a/common/bin/pdf2swf + swf.exe=/usr/local/bin/swf2pdf
- After the 1st client logs into Alfreso, it seems a 2nd copy of OpenOffice is started resulting in high 100% cpu usage. Edit line 191 of the alfresco.sh script as follows to avoid starting the 1st instance of OO.
--- alfresco.sh.orig 2010-10-05 20:11:19.000000000 -0400 +++ alfresco.sh 2010-10-05 20:16:25.000000000 -0400 @@ -189,7 +189,7 @@ fi if test -x $OPENOFFICE_SCRIPT; then - $OPENOFFICE_SCRIPT start + $OPENOFFICE_SCRIPT status OPENOFFICE_ERROR=$? fi
- This installer runs mysql, OO, and alfresco as root. Not very suitable for usage on the Internet ! I'll try fixing this later.
- I would like to run behind Apache using mod_jk or Apache re-write rules. To be added later.